I keep telling myself that it’s the end of the week, but it being summer, and me working from home, EVERY DAY IS EVERY DAY. There’s no delineation between one day and the next. But, I bake on Thursday nights if it’s cool enough, so, I do look forward to it. This is because on Friday night’s I watch The Great British Baking Show. It’s chock full of all of my favorite desserts and pastries, and they’re so bloody polite. It’s not Top Chef, where there’s all the snarking and assholery. It’s more like a happy team of friends who happen to be competing against one another. I imagine if I was on the show baking todays Blueberry Mojito Cheesecake, it would at least make Mary Berry smile.
But I prefer this reaction:
Mary Berry, what is happening here?!
And the question begs to be asked: if Scotland has a successful independence referendum in light of Brexit, WILL THE SCOTS STILL BE ABLE TO COMPETE?!?!?!
Though, I secretly imagine that they’re fucking with each other behind the scenes. Moving shit out of freezers, putting room temperature eggs back in the fridge. Taking all the sugar at tea time.
As it is Friday, and my recipe today has a fair amount of boozy flavor in it, I thought I would share some of my favorite boozy recipes from across the web.
No Bake Coconut Margarita Bites from Cotter Crunch
Tequila Lime Shrimp Phyllo Cups from Nutmeg Nanny
Strawberry Salty Dogs from Running to The Kitchen
Piña Colada Pops from Minimalist Baker
Bailey’s Triple Chocolate Cupcakes from A Mummy Too
Bentley Old Fashioned by SpaBettie
My recipe today made me happy. I love mint. So much. Alas, it’s not always the most popular ingredient. BUT! Near everyone loves a mojito. Everyone also loves cheesecake. And I love blueberries, so there.
Blueberry Mojito CheesecakeEasy Blueberry Mojito Cheesecake. Make it. Eat it. Click To Tweet
Serves 1 cheesecake cup
A delicious and easy vegan cheesecake with all the flavors of a mojito!
45 minHow Long is This Going to Take?
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
What Goes In?
- I used this recipe here
- there isn't a better one out there
- +1 tsp rum extract
- 3 tbsp lime zest
- Gingersnaps. 1 per muffin liner.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 tbsp white rum
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water with 2 tsp corn starch stirred in
- few drops of mint extract
- preheat oven to 350F
- line cupcake tin with muffin liners
- add a gingersnap to each
- make the cheesecake as per instructions, adding rum extract and zest
- pour evenly into 16 cookie-bottomed liners
- bake 15 minutes, or until the edges get just a bit browned.
- in a shallow saucepan add the ingredients for the topping, save the water
- cook on low until the berries glisten
- add water slurry and cook until they begin to burst, and it thickens up
- chill the cheesecakes and top with berries.