You know that The Beatles are streaming now, right? I should make you a Spotify playlist. My faves. Some of them. I remember seeing The White Album, Sgt Pepper, and Yellow Submarine LPs, thinking “these are so cool!!!” I mean, they had LINER NOTES.
There you go. Hit play and continue reading.
Ok, so it’s the last few days of 2015, and I have about 6 posts to pub before that happens. I’m pumped. This one? Well, I’m a fan of resolutions. I am a fan of change, improvement, goals, and gin. They can go so well together. This year? I have a LOT of resolutions. YEP. I do. I like the goals. They make me feel fuzzy and warm.
- finish my work on Dickens (at some point before May)
- kick ass on the audiobook that I’m recording for my colleague, and avoid strep in January! (I seem to get it every freaking January, and that would interrupt recording.
- Get my grant proposals written.
- get the first of my lit tattoos. I’m thinking Vonnegut or Butler.
- juice more
- drink more water. (this one is every year. I fail every year.)
- get my ass back in the box…the Crossfit box, that is.
- get more houseplants.
- stick to my planner. really.
- meditate more
- take the kids to Niagara Falls
- go to at least one professional convention–without needing a stiff drink or an Ativan. (why does there need to be SO MANY PEOPLE?!) Even at MLA, where everyone is JUST AS SOCIALLY AWKWARD, I feel like OMG WHY THE PEOPLE!?!? There is also a ton of drinking at MLA. Obviously.
In order to SUPPORT your resolutions, not BASH them, because I hate resolution bashers, I’m making you a helpful Netflix guide! Aren’t I just a peach?!
Make your resolutions STICK!!
SO YOU WANT TO ADOPT A PET!?!
It’s all about NY’s North Shore Animal League. It will make you immediately choose to rescue an animal…or ten. Become that crazy cat lady you’ve always aspired to be!
SO YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO PARTS UNKNOWN TO YOU!?
Yes, it’s another “white guys traveling,” show. I thought I’d hate it for that reason. Instead, I kinda maybe started making these guys characters in my mind and fashioned a novel inspired by them. It may be my NANOWRIMO of December, so DECNOWRIMO? Yes, that. I can’t help that I like them. I just can’t. You won’t be able to, either. They’re remarkably non-douchey or bro-y. My characters are taller, though. Sorry, guys.
SO YOU WANT TO DO GOOD WORK?? BE INSPIRED??
A man in S Korea provides a safe place for abandoned babies. BOOM! RIGHT IN THE FEEL BOX.
YOU WANT TO GET HEALTHY?!?! Um, who doesn’t?
This movie examines the why of illness. I don’t agree with all of it, but it’s fascinating.
YOU WANT TO STICK IT TO THE PATRIARCHY?!
Start here. Get educated.
OH, and this one.
YOU WANT TO MIX A BETTER DRINK.
Rye, bitters, gin, gin, gin.
YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A SECOND CAREER?!?!
YOU WANT TO TAP YOUR INNER BADASS??
Learn how to give zero effs from the original bestower of least effs ever.
YOU WANT TO TALK IT OUT. MAYBE FOR A CROWD.
These are ALL available on Netflix. I’ve watched all of them. Most, while on the dreadmill, because, rain. It’s my favorite Netflix place.
So, about getting healthy?You say you want a resolution? Let's make them stick, shall we? #STREAMTEAM Click To Tweet